Sunday 20 January 2013

Say whaa?

In the words of Bill Bryson, “it is a slightly arresting notion that if you were to pick yourself apart with tweezers, one atom at a time, you would produce a mound of fine atomic dust, none of which had ever been alive but all of which had once been you.” - Bill Bryson, A Short History of Nearly Everything.
I was listening to a literary podcast the other day which mention the above.. Tired as I was, I had no idea how to even begin thinking about this. In effect we're just dust?! But I swear I'm made of flesh, blood and bones? (Not to mention passion, intellect and wisdom. Ha.) 

I think it's going to be one of those topics that I'll save for next time when friends and I have a cheeky drink. Or two, or three. And we'll bring it up and have a DMC. (Deep Meaningful Chat. Obviously).

I'll report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment