Friday 29 March 2013

Daym those Dungarees!

A developing fashion trend must certainly be true if even the Guardian is commenting on it.

Ah yes.. the dungarees are back. As seen on the catwalks for a/w 13, these denim delights are definitely back to play. And not simply in the sandpit, oh no! Spotted on the likes of Alexa Chung, the queen of kooky cool, it would seem that the dungaree drift is part of the #90sthrowback mania.

But come on now, this 90s reemergence is something I'm more than happy to embrace. Hells it means I can wear my beloved scrunchies without fear of being laughed at by those with a birthdate post 2001!

Myself and a sister form another mister in
dungarees being pumpkins. Naturally.
 Circa 1999.

Besides, as the evidence to the left implies, the dungarees were a clear wardrobe stable of mine back in my 90s fashion heyday.

This time round however, rather than purchase my denim overalls in BHS children's wear section, I think I may satisfy my 90s fashion cravings at Topshop. JW Anderson for Topshop to be precise.

Although more a pinafore dress than actual dungarees, I think that this little number will allow me to live out the dungaree dream without making it too obvious that I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Plus, I think it will make me feel a little less 'builder' and a tick more feminine.

No comments:

Post a Comment