Tuesday 6 March 2012

The only fashion advice you'll ever need...

The other day I went to Sainsbury's across the road wearing my pyjamas. Now I know full well that in the wider world, socially this is just not ok. However, I'm in my last semester of university (yes, scary) and so I simply HAD to do it. Students can get away with wearing pretty much anything...'this old thing? Yeah, it was my Grandad's jumper..' and sometimes I do just love to spend the day in my pyjamas. Nonetheless, university has provided me (obviously amongst other things!) with me a few valuable dressing tips...



1) The sales are there because the shops want to get rid of their leftover stock. Face it, that leather corset with the edgy zip detail is there because it's gross and no-one wants it. Those £10 would be better spent on a cinema ticket/dinner out/ANYTHING else...

2) If you want comfort, embrace comfort. Just like when you're craving chocolate, surprise surprise, your body is telling you you need a pick-me-up, when you want comfy clothing, that is literally all that will suffice! Be it for a journey, a library session, a hang-over day or a mooch around town.

3) Leggings are only socially acceptable if you're a girl, are under 25, your derriere is covered and they're OPAQUE ie a THICK black material where we CANNOT see you under garments. 

4)You'll be drawn to particular clothing styles probably because you feel comfortable in them and they suit you, so embrace that! Buy things because you like them and they make you feel good not because Kate Moss looked good in it. Then again, K-dog obviously has the exact same fashion style and taste as me... 

5) If in doubt, wear black; it's smart, it's casual, it's smart-casual. Oh and it's slimming.


No comments:

Post a Comment