Wednesday 1 August 2012

It's been a while!

So I haven't posted on here in a long while, simply due to the fact that a lot has been changing and I guess that my student bubble has well and truly been burst with an almighty bang. The post-uni holiday was amazing, graduation was a blast and lazing in the Hyde Park sun has been dreamy. A small sum of money had been residing in my Nat West Student (recently turned 'Graduate') account left over from the incredibly brilliant student loan and I've been able to enjoy a couple of weeks of being a smug graduate.

Sadly Mr. Realworld was inevitably going to come knocking, and knocking he did! 

So I packed my (many) bags and headed for Switzerland, which for a couple of months, I would be calling home in order to do an internship with a magazine... Fun and games, non? Oh the glamour of journalism, exciting projects, post-work drinks etc etc... While I'm sure that this will still happen (to some degree), primarily there was the small but omnipotent affair of  financial matters. Without mentioning the fact that I owe someone somewhere a BIG amount of money and will probably be in debt for a while (I'd like to think uni was worth it...), the painful and distinct fact that I no longer have this babe of a student loan ultimately hit me square in the face. Living costs and my income, albeit an income, is minimal.

So while I count myself extremely lucky that a) I have managed to bag myself an internship that will actually pay me and b) I have the incredible support of my parents, I have finally woken up and smelt the coffee (it was quite a strong one this morning). 

So let's see how this real life role play goes..

No comments:

Post a Comment